Sunday, April 15, 2012

Return of the Backlog


Today it is raining. (April 12th by the way.) That is definitely news in itself as usually there aren’t so much as clouds at all. Tom and I just shot over to the Delmore yards and covered the bales of hay with these huge and heavy tarps so they don’t get soaked with rain.
Yesterday I stretched canvases and Kathleen ended up doing a really awesome painting on one of them. I think she is getting more used to working around me because not only has she done something different every time I work with her but each time the painting is better than the last. I should be able to put up all this writing on the internet soon, and pictures as well. Matthew taught me how to say good job in their language, “Warrangara” Or maybe it started with a “B” or “M” don’t quote me on the spelling. they speak so quickly and laugh so much it’s hard to hear what they say but I would like to learn more of their words.
It is now several hours later and it is still raining. I never thought it would rain this much here, or be so damn cold for that matter. Maybe it just feels cold because just a few days ago it was 41 C. Which is about 105 degrees F. The weather report for Alice Springs said it was supposed to be 10 C which is like 45 F maybe. . . and it really feels like it. Never did I think it could even go from 40 degrees Celsius to 40 degrees Farenheight in the space of four or five days! Luckily I brought both a jacket and a sweater as I am wearing both right now. It’s all about the layering. And having a nice hot cup of Bushell’s extra strong tea. “Not Lipton! I don’t drink bloody Lipton!!” to quote Don. 

It continued to be rainy and cold and crappy for the next few days during which time i made and gessoed and prepared several canvases and figured out a moveable pentatonic scale for one of the tunings on my banjo. No it's not as simple as on the guitar. Also today is the 16th and the internet is working again so there will be no prequal trilogy to these backlog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment